Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Tuesday Tip of the Day ~ Make Your Own Taco Seasoning

I started making my own taco seasoning a couple of years ago.
It is so much better than the packets of prepared seasoning.
And, the ingredients are probably already in your spice rack.

Taco Seasoning
1 tbsp. Chili Powder
1/4 tsp. Garlic Powder
1/4 tsp. Onion Powder
1/4 tsp. Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
1/4 tsp. Dried Oregano
1/4 tsp. Dried Basil
1/2 tsp. Paprika
1 1/2 tsp. Cumin
1 tsp. Black Pepper

When I have all the spices out, 
I make several batches and keep them handy.

Add to browned ground beef and simmer with a little water.

I like the taco meat in a salad with lettuce, tomato, cheese, and crushed tortilla chips.

Hubby likes Super Nachos with tortilla chips, meat, cheese, 
salsa and sour cream.

I have also used it to season chicken.

With sauteed peppers and onions,
it makes a tasty fajita meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment