Pumpkin Cream Cheese Roll
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup canned pumpkin puree (not pie filling)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1 - 8 oz. package cream cheese (softened)
- 4 TBS butter (softened)
- 1 cup sifted powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Waxed Paper
- Aluminum Foil
- Clean linen towel (not terry cloth)
- Additional Sifted Powdered Sugar
- 10 x 15 Jelly Roll Pan
- Preheat oven 350 degrees.
- Grease 10 x 15 Jelly Roll Pan. Line with waxed paper (allow to overhang slightly). Grease and lightly flour the waxed paper.
3. In a large bowl, beat eggs and sugar. Beat in remaining cake ingredients.
4. Pour batter onto the waxed paper lined jelly roll pan and bake at 350 degrees for approx. 15 minutes.
(Caution: Cake cooks fast so watch carefully to avoid burning the edges.)
5. While cake is baking, lay linen towel down on clean work surface. Sprinkle powdered sugar heavily over the kitchen towel using a sifter or sieve.
6. Turn hot cake onto the prepared towel and carefully remove waxed paper. If desired, trim off burnt or crusty edges.
7. Sift more powdered sugar over the hot cake and quickly roll up with towel inside.
8. Allow to cool for about 30 minutes.
9. Meanwhile, prepare filling by beating together all ingredients until smooth and creamy.
10. When cake has cooled completely, unroll cake and spread with the filling mixture.
11. Roll up cake with the filling on the inside.
12. Wrap in waxed paper and then foil Refrigerate or freeze.
13. To serve, slice cake about 1/3 inch thick and sprinkle with powdered sugar.
Note: Cake cuts best when still slightly frozen.