Monday, August 1, 2016

Baby Back Ribs ~with a Crockpot Start

Baby Back Ribs

When preparing ribs,
allow approximately one pound per person.

Sprinkle a generous amount of pork rub onto the rack of ribs.

My advice is to smell the open container of seasonings...
if it smells good, it will taste good.

This summer I started precooking our ribs in my crockpot.
(Don't forget your liner!)
I stand the ribs upright and curl the rack to fit the crockpot.

I added about a fourth of an inch of water 
to the bottom of the crockpot so the ribs don't dry out.

Cook on high for 2 1/2 to 3 hours,
turn to low and continue to cook until tender, another 3 hours.
Since everyone's crockpot is a little different,
these times may vary slightly.

Lay flat on a baking sheet to transfer to your grill.

Brush on your favorite barbeque sauce.
Start with the meaty side up and grill for 5 to 7 minutes.

Brush on more sauce to taste.
Turn and grill 5 more minutes.

Cook to your desired degree of doneness.


Some of you may recall my post for Bar-be-Que Ribs from 
four years ago.
I had pre-cooked the ribs in the oven instead of the crockpot.

No comments:

Post a Comment