Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Chicken Waldorf Salad

Pictured is a serving of our Waldorf Chicken Salad, which can be eaten as a salad or spread on homemade breads as a sandwich. Yummm.

Ingredients:  Chicken, Apples, Grapes, Walnuts, Sweet Pickles, Boiled Eggs, Mayonnaise

This is the Firecrackerkid's version of a Chicken Salad. It's pretty quick and easy to fix, and pretty healthy also providing it's eaten in moderation. I don't normally follow a recipe. I so hope there are others  out there like me. Well, sometimes I do, depending on the circumstances, but mostly not. So here's, at best, my preparation of our Waldorf Chicken Salad.

Use canned chicken, drained and rinsed. Put the eggs on to boil. While those are cooking chop, slice, and/or dice other ingredients by hand. I don't have the fancy slap chop or any of those other infomercial products for the kitchen, so if you do, by all means use them. That's not to say I wouldn't mind having them. LOL. Anyhow, measure your ingredients according to how many people you will be serving.
After your boiled eggs have cooled some, peel the shells away, rinse and slice them. Get out your favorite serving bowl and pour everything in together, spoon in the mayonnaise, stir and mix until everything is mingled and "shazaam" you have your Waldorf Chicken Salad.
You can alternate or add ingredients to your need or preferences, i.e., sliced almonds, spices, etc. That's the fun of making this dish.
Oh, and yes, I did devour the serving in the photo:)
Happy Thanksgiving!

3 comments:

  1. Sounds yummy...and I bet turkey would well too! Ya know I'm already looking for new recipes for left over turkey. And I love the doily...lol.
    Blessings,
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds wonderful Carol! I'm going to try it this weekend. The kids will Love it! Thanks!
    Happy Thanksgiving!

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks gals! Yes, I love my doilie:) and treasure it dearly. Happy Thanksgiving!!
    Carol

    ReplyDelete