Chickpea Pasta with Almonds and Parmesan
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 7 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- kosher salt (optional)
- 1 pound whole wheat pasta
- 1 15.5-ounce can garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup unsalted roasted almonds, sliced
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat.
Stir in the garlic and cook for 1 minute.
Add the broth, crushed red pepper, and optional salt.
Bring to a boil.
- Add the pasta and cook, stirring occasionally, until the broth is nearly absorbed and the pasta is al dente, about 9 to 11 minutes.
Stir in the chickpeas or garbanzo beans and parsley.
Top with the sliced almonds and Parmesan cheese.
This is delicious by itself, as an entree...
or as a side-dish with chicken, beef, fish or pork on the grill.
The original recipe was found on Real Simple and has been adapted for our tastes.
Scroll down for a 'printer friendly' version...
click on 'no images'.