Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Peanut Butter Rice Krispie Bars

2 cups sugar
2 cups white corn syrup

Bring to a boil in a saucepan, stirring frequently.

Remove from the heat and add 2 cups peanut butter.
Stir until smooth.

Pour over 12 cups Rice Krispies.

Fold together until all the cereal is coated.

Turn out into a 9 x 13" cake pan
or a jelly roll pan.

Cover with a sheet of waxed paper and press flat into the pan.

Cut into desired size rectangles for serving.

These are a favorite of my daughters and their friends
and were always requested for snacks at swim meets and cross country gatherings.
Take care,

3 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh...yum...how I love rice krispie bars. Then you even added peanut butter! I have often said, to anyone who will listen, 'whoever invented peanut butter is a genius'. As far as cutting it into desired size rectangles? How about right down the middle...that's my desired size! Now I have to see what other sweet treats you have. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I make a recipe like this, but I use corn flakes instead of rice krispies. I call them peanut butter chews and everyone loves them.

    ReplyDelete